The cost of errors in letters, reports and other documents can be staggering. Even small typing mistakes reflect poorly on the organisation and upset customers.
What will be covered?
- Methods to measurably improve proofreading skills.
- Identification of common errors
- The 3-scan system for finding errors
- How to avoid reading for comprehension
- Exercises to strengthen eye muscles and reduce eye fatigue, and to speed up proofreading.
- Grammar and spelling review, including rules for style and capitalization.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for:
- Anyone who checks and monitors the written
work of others
- Anyone who prepares a lot of written work
Outcome and benefits
- Proofread using a specific technique.
- Measurable improvement: participants average a 40% reduction in proofreading errors
- Increased productivity, reduced costs
- Catch errors in daily communications.
- Increase the accuracy of memos, letters, reports and documents.
- Ensure a professional image in all written communications.
Course materials (included)
Delegates receive a complete set of workshop notes and exercises, a reference guide and other tools for use at the workstation and assessment to measure skills improvement.
There are no pre-requisites for this programme.