When two parties want to reach an agreement, there is often some distance between their positions. Effective negotiation skills can help both parties to reach a deal that is satisfactory to both.
What will be covered?
- The role of communication and behaviour in negotiation
- Purpose and approaches to negotiation – the win-win and why it matters
- Preparing your position – a practical planning process
- Setting objectives for negotiation
- Identifying needs
- Identifying, prioritising and valuing tradeables
- Estimating their position
- Building best, worst and fallback positions
- Identifying levers, roadblocks and overlaps
- Managing the negotiation meeting
- Dealing with behavioural responses
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for:
- Managers at any level
- Procurement staff, or others involved in purchasing
- Interest groups & union officials
Outcome and benefits
- Delegates will be able to plan negotiations more effectively, freeing their concentration at the negotiation table
Course materials (included)
Delegates receive courseware to refer to throughout the course and as a refresher following the course
There are no pre-requisites for this programme.