Many meetings just don’t achieve anything – which makes them an expensive waste of time. An effective chairperson and an effective record of the decisions makes all the difference.
What will be covered?
- Do we really need a meeting?
- Why meetings fail – and what makes a good meeting
- The role of the chairperson – and why you’re doing it wrong!
- Maintaining control – standards, discipline & behaviours
- Communication for meeting
- Any Other Business – the risks and how to avoid them
- Planning and preparation – the agenda and calling notice
- Recording decisions and actions – minutes and action points – how you should support the minute taker
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for:
- Anyone who hates meetings
- Anyone who chairs meetings
- Those intending to chair a meeting
- Anyone who attends meetings
Outcome and benefits
- Start & finish on time
- Have clear objectives – and achieve them
- Don’t waste people’s time
- Arrive at decisions & deliver actions
- Only have relevant attendees
- Are motivational
- People look forward to attending
Course materials (included)
Delegates receive courseware to refer to throughout the course and as a refresher following the course
There are no pre-requisites for this programme.
Further courses that may be of interest:
- Company Secretary: An Introduction
- Delegation Skills
- Developing Critical Thinking