Coaching is an essential skill for anyone who needs to help colleagues to grow: coaching builds confidence, helps to develop skills and resolves problems effectively.
What will be covered?
- Overview of coaching principles
- The differences between, coaching, mentoring and training
- Uses of and approaches to coaching
- Setting coaching goals
- Models for coaching
- Learning styles and barriers to effective coaching
- Effective communication, including questioning skills
- Deliver feedback to improve performance
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for:
- All levels, especially those who develop others
- Those who are managing others and have had no formal training
- Those who are new to coaching
Outcome and benefits
- Understand the benefits of coaching in the workplace.
- Delegates will be equipped with practical tools to take back to work
- Greater confidence in own coaching ability
- Assist others with problem solving
Course materials (included)
Delegates receive courseware to refer to throughout the course and as a refresher following the course
There are no pre-requisites for this programme.