Risk is a necessary part of business and the automatic consequence of enterprise – “nothing ventured, nothing gained” – but organisations need an effective risk management framework
What will be covered?
- What is “risk” and can it be managed?
- The risk management process
- Identifying and assessing key risks
- Responding to risks – the four “T”s
- Risk registers
- The nature of risk at different stages in the business process
- Components of an effective framework
- Development of a strategy and policy
- Roles and responsibilities
- Recording and reporting at board level
- The Risk Committee
- Stakeholder assurance
- Setting the “tone at the top”
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for:
- Directors and senior executives wanting to reap the benefits of effective risk management
- Those involved with implementing or overhauling a risk management function within their organisation
Outcome and benefits
- A strategic approach to setting up a clear & effective framework for risk management.
- Understand the key factors for successfully embedding the framework throughout the organisation
- Enhance the quality of the risk management function as a point of differentiation
Course materials (included)
Delegates receive courseware to refer to throughout the course and as a refresher following the course
There are no pre-requisites for this programme.
Further courses that may be of interest:
- Practical Risk Management.
- Techniques for Evaluating Strategic Options
- Developing Critical Thinking