Line managers are responsible for managing short term absence, and effective return to work interviews can assist the business in reducing absence levels
What will be covered?
- Absenteeism: what is it and what causes it?
- The legal framework
- Benefits of an absence policy
- Short-term sickness trigger points
- Return to work interviews
- Preparing for the discussion
- Conducting the interview
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for:
- Managers at all levels
- Anyone with responsibility for the work of others
- HR Administrators
Outcome and benefits
- Learn about the legal framework around absence
- Understand the importance of a robust attendance policy
- Understand the benefits and purpose of conducting return to work interviews
- Plan and conduct a return to work interview
Course materials (included)
Delegates receive courseware to refer to throughout the course and as a refresher following the course
There are no pre-requisites for this programme.
Further courses that may be of interest:
- Formal Disciplinary Processes – An Introduction
- Equality Law – An Information Session
- Underperformance and How to Manage It
- Dignity at Work
- Introduction to Human Resource Management