Risk is a necessary part of business and the automatic consequence of enterprise – “nothing ventured, nothing gained”. This course offers a practical approach to risk management
What will be covered?
- What is “risk”?
- Why bother trying to manage it?
- The risk management process
- Roles and responsibilities
- Identifying and assessing key risks
- Responding to risks – the four “T”s
- A closer look at operational risks
- Involving your team
- Recording and reporting
- Risk “events”
- Getting the right culture
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for:
- Managers and aspiring managers
- Directors and senior executives wanting to embed a risk aware culture throughout their organisation
Outcome and benefits
- Recognise & control risks to benefit from opportunities while minimising loss, damage & disruption
- Focus efforts on controlling & reporting significant risk to provide assurance to stakeholders
- More efficient operations to achieve competitive advantage
Course materials (included)
Delegates receive courseware to refer to throughout the course and as a refresher following the course
There are no pre-requisites for this programme.
Further courses that may be of interest:
- Setting Up an Effective Risk Management Framework
- Techniques for Evaluating Strategic Options
- Developing Critical Thinking