Provides a toolkit for all managers to give them the confidence, knowledge and skills to get the best out of their people and to make their team more effective.
What will be covered?
- How the manager’s role differs to that of a technical expert
- Leadership v Management
- Understanding the importance of looking at the bigger picture
- Being the middle man between management & the staff
- Going from friend to boss
- Authority v Responsibility v Accountability
- Team Dynamics and the importance of team work
- Communicating with others
- Managing time
- What makes people tick
- Aggressive v assertive v passive behaviour
- How to correct/reprimand
- Training others on a 1-2-1 or small group basis
- How to lead a productive meeting
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for:
- Those who are due to start managing a team
- Those who have managed a team for a year or two
- Those who have been managing for some time without formal training who would like to develop their leadership skills
Outcome and benefits
- Delegates will be equipped with practical tools to take back to work
- Enables delegates to help their team to be more effective
- Greater confidence as a manager/leader
- Opportunity to network with likeminded individuals
If eligible delegates on this programme will be supported financially by the Department of Education, Sport & Culture.
If eligible 30% funding is available from the DESC which calculates to £178 + vat from the original price of £595 + vat. Details of the scheme can be found here. We will help you complete the paperwork so chat to us today.
(ILM registration £46 included)
There are no pre-requisites for this programme.
Further courses that may be of interest: