This qualification is designed for junior managers seeking to gain skills, knowledge and confidence to coach and mentor people as part of their normal role. It’s also an ideal starting point for a career in coaching and mentoring.
What will be covered?
- Understanding good practice in workplace coaching and mentoring
- Reflecting on workplace coaching and mentoring skills
- Communication skills in coaching and mentoring
- Agreed learning goals for coaching
- Plan a coaching and mentoring programme
- Preparation to undertake coaching in the workplace
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for:
- Those who help others develop
- Those who are managing a team that have had no formal training in coaching and mentoring
- Those who would like to develop their leadership skills
Outcome and benefits
- Delegates will know how to develop and implement a coaching plan
- Learn about coaching and mentoring as powerful development tools
- Greater confidence as a manager/leader
- Understand the role and responsibilities of an effective coach and mentor
- Create a coaching and mentoring culture in your organisation
Course materials (included)
Delegates receive courseware to refer to throughout the course and as a refresher following the course
There are no pre-requisites for this programme; however you should be able to work at this level.
Further courses that may be of interest:
To download the application pack please click here
If eligible delegates on this programme will be supported financially by the Department of Education, Sport & Culture.
If eligible a 30% funding available from the DESC which calculates to £283 + vat. Details of the scheme can be found here. We will help you complete the paperwork, so chat to us today.
There is an option to attend this programme without pursuing the qualification. Delegates choosing this option will not be registered with the Institute of Leadership & Management, and will not undergo the assessments.
Delegates choosing this option will therefore receive a discount of £125 (the cost of registration and marking of assessments), but should be aware that government funding may be affected.