This comprehensive course is aimed at Ministers, political members and top management in business & government who represent their organisation to the media.
What will be covered?
- How to reach the right audience
- How to predict the questions
- Preparing for an interview
- Print, radio and TV interviews
- Presentation skills
- Damage limitation
- Controlling the interview agenda
An interactive course, which includes
- Extensive scenario-based practical exercises
- TV, radio and print interview exercises
- Practical tips on how to promote your organisation effectively
- Dealing with negative news stories
- Communicating more positive stories to the public
- To learn techniques for getting messages across in all media interviews
- To rehearse different types of interview in a secure environment with full advice and feedback
- To feel confident in any media interview situation
- To understand exactly what a journalist will be looking for in an interview and to prepare for it
- To be able to limit the potential damage of negative publicity
Course materials (included)
Delegates receive courseware to refer to throughout the course and as a refresher following the course
There are no pre-requisites for this programme.
The Trainer: James Filleul
James is a former news editor of BBC Jersey, where he managed a team of journalists and set the daily news agenda. He has hosted annual IoD awards dinners, presented Chamber of Commerce debates and is a regular public speaker at a variety of corporate functions. He runs his own PR & Training Company specialising in communication courses.