To provide delegates with a technically detailed foundation covering all aspects of trusts in different countries.
What will be covered?
- History of trusts
- Legal & equitable interests;
- What is a trust?
- Perpetuity in different countries
- Parties to a trust – settlor; trustee; beneficiary and the role of the protector
- Creating a valid trust and the three certainties
- Void and voidable
- Types of trust
- Duties and powers of trustees
- Investment powers – Isle of Man; UK; Cayman
- Letter of wishes
- Anti-forced heirship
- Brief word about tax in different countries
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for:
- Those starting work in the fiduciary sector
- Those working in other sectors that require a foundation understanding of trusts and their uses
- Those studying for any professional qualification where trusts are part of the syllabus
Outcome and benefits
- Delegates will have a good understanding of the principles of trusts and their uses
Course materials (included)
- Corporate Structures: An Introduction
- Investments: An Introduction
- Life Assurance: An Introduction
There are no pre-requisites and no knowledge of trusts is required