This course provides the knowledge, understanding and skills to effectively prevent and detect money laundering and terrorism financing, especially for compliance professionals.
What will be covered?
Money laundering prevention including:
- International standards
- Financial Institutions
- Non-bank financial institutions
- Designated Non-Financial Businesses & Professions
(Casinos, Real estate agents, Dealers in precious metals and dealers in precious stones, Lawyers, notaries, and other independent legal professionals and accountants, Trust and company service providers)
- Risk-Based Approach
- Definition and identification of Politically Exposed Persons (PEP) and high risk relationships
- Know Your Customer (KYC)
Understanding Suspicion including:
- Defining and identifying suspicion
- Suspicion filing and reporting
Sanctions Risk Management including:
- Different types of sanctions
- Use of block & watch lists
- Wider sanctions management
Terrorism Financing & Financing the Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for:
- Compliance Officers
- Money Laundering Reporting Officers
- Anyone managing risk
- Anyone with an AML/CFT obligation
Outcome and benefits
- Delegates will understand how to effectively apply and comply with both domestic and International AML/CFT and International Sanctions measures.
- A CPD Certificate will be issued
Course materials (included)
Delegates receive courseware to refer to throughout the course and as a refresher following the course
Basic understanding of money laundering and terrorism financing concepts.