From 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation will come into force, and it will affect all organisations. The changes are significant, and all staff need to be aware.
What will be covered?
- The changes to data protection
- How the Isle of Man is affected
- The principles of the GDPR
- Protection of Personal Data
- The Rights of Data Subjects
- Penalties & Compensation
- The Role of the Data Protection Officer – overview
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for:
- All staff of organisations likely to be affected by GDPR
- Anyone who needs to have an overview of the changes to data protection
Outcome and benefits
- Helps to meet the compliance obligations around awareness
- Ensures that staff understand their rights as data subjects
- An understanding of the changes, the risks and the opportunities created by GDPR
Course materials (included)
Delegates receive courseware to refer to throughout the course and as a refresher following the course
There are no pre-requisites for this programme.
Further courses that may be of interest:
- Directors’ Duties & Responsibilities
- IoM & UK Bribery Acts
- Risk Management for Non-Risk Managers