To learn or refresh the legal requirements as a director and the duties a director owes to the company. The course is based on Isle of Man legislation and regulations.
What will be covered?
- Introduction: What the board does – the legal & moral responsibilities of the board; statute and common law
- Different types of director
- Directors appointment; retirement; disqualification
- Director’s duties
- Other jurisdictions UK; BVI; Cayman Islands
- Personal criminal and civil liability: Failure to perform statutory duties; insider dealing; personal liability for company breaches of law; fraudulent trading; breaking laws or regulatory codes in other countries
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for:
- Company directors
- Senior executives aspiring to become directors
Outcome and benefits
- Delegates will come away with an up to date understanding of their duties and responsibilities
Course materials (included)
Delegates receive courseware to refer to throughout the course and as a refresher following the course
There are no pre-requisites for this programme.
Further courses that may be of interest:
- Financial Management for Non-finance Executives: an Overview
- Management Information – What you need and how to get it
- Risk Management for Non-risk Managers
- Workshops on the CPD programme – please ask for separate brochure