To examine cost drivers and cost control. Consider the concept of activity based costing and how this may be used to improve profitability.
What will be covered?
- Types of costs
- Cost reduction considerations: staff costs, suppliers, outsourcing and globalisation
- Activity based costing and usefulness of client and product profitability
- Extending cost control to the whole business
- Leading by example, cost centre managers, sales team (pricing)
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for:
- Company directors
- Senior executives
- Key persons who have to forecast, produce or manage budgets
Outcome and benefits
- Delegates obtain an overview of some considerations relating to cost control, and see how activity based costing can challenge the traditional way of cost control and improve profitability.
Course materials (included)
Delegates receive courseware to refer to throughout the course and as a refresher following the course
There are no pre-requisites for this programme.
Further courses that may be of interest:
- Financial Management for Non-finance Executives: an Overview
- Financial Statements: an Introduction
- Financial Statements: How to Analyse Them
- Management information – what you need and how to get it
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Workshops on the CPD programme – please ask for separate brochure