Gain a solid understanding of accounts terminology and their definitions. The different accounting transactions explained and how to record them via double entry bookkeeping.
What will be covered?
- Fundamentals of accounting
- Business Transactions
- Liabilities & Capital
- Balance sheet and Profit & Loss
- Capital v Revenue
- The accounting equation
- Key terminology
- Creditors & Debtors
- Books of Prime Entry
- General/Nominal Ledger
- Nominal accounts
- Cash & Credit Transactions
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for:
- Those working in accounts departments
- Small business owners who wish to prepare their own accounts or understand what the accountant needs and why
- Foundation knowledge prior to starting accounts exams
Outcome and benefits
- Delegates will gain an excellent understanding of accounts, their purpose, terminology, and how to input transactions via double entry bookkeeping
Course materials (included)
Delegates receive courseware to refer to throughout the course and as a refresher following the course
There are no pre-requisites for this programme.