Designed to provide an overview of banks, their products and what they do
What will be covered?
- What is a bank?
- History of banking
- Types of banks/banking business
- Central Bank
- Interest rates
- Difference between a bank and a building society
- Banking products
- Payment systems
- Credit creation
- Sub-prime crisis
- Mortgage bonds
- What is a credit crunch?
- EU Tax Savings Directive
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for:
- Those new to banking or seeking a career in banking
- Those new to the British banking system
Outcome and benefits
- Understand the different types of banks and their functions
- Be able to identify different bank products
- Understand the payment systems
- Understand how interest rates are set and the impact on the economy
- Understand the EU tax savings directive and its impact on jurisdictions
Course materials (included)
Delegates receive courseware to refer to throughout the course and as a refresher following the course
There are no pre-requisites for this programme.