To provide delegates with a foundation knowledge of investments.
What will be covered?
- Cash & money market instruments
- Foreign exchange markets & currency trading
- Bonds: Government; corporate; international; yields
- Credit ratings and the agencies
- The role of the Government; Central Bank and regulator
- Credit creation
- Inflation and its impact
- Benefit v risk and types of risk
- Sub-prime crisis and credit crunch
- Mortgage bonds
- Contribution of finance sector to economies
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for:
- Those starting work in the finance sector
- Those working in other sectors that require a foundation understanding of investments
- Those studying for any professional qualification where investments are part of the syllabus
Outcome and benefits
- Delegates will have a good understanding of the principles of the different types of investments
Course materials (included)
Delegates receive courseware to refer to throughout the course and as a refresher following the course
There are no pre-requisites for this programme.