To provide an introduction to some of the key aspects of financial reporting – how to understand what the accountants are talking about.
What will be covered?
- Introduction: the importance of financial information and who uses it
- The contents of the main financial statements – Income Statement, Statement of Financial Position, Cash Flow
- Regulatory framework, accounting rules and terminology – de-mystifying the jargon
- Comparison of statutory and management accounts; content, timescale and purpose
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for:
- Any key person with a non-finance background
Outcome and benefits
- Equips non-accountants with an understanding of the main financial statements and where to find key pieces of information about a Company’s financial health
- Should enable delegates to feel more confident in participating in board level discussions regarding financial matters
Course materials (included)
Delegates receive courseware to refer to throughout the course and as a refresher following the course
There are no pre-requisites for this programme.
Further courses that may be of interest:
- Financial Statements: How to Analyse Them
- Financial management for non-finance executives – an overview
- Workshops on the CPD programme – please ask for separate brochure