Provides an understanding of the different fund structures and their uses.
What will be covered?
- What are collective investment schemes?
- Passive & active investment management
- Authorised & unauthorised funds
- Onshore v offshore
- UCITS directive, ICAVs, Unit Trusts, FCPs, Investment Trusts & REITs
- Isle of Man current fund types
- Hedge Funds
- Private Equity
- Investment Bonds
- Types of risk
- Investor attitudes
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for:
- Those working in the financial services sectors
- Those studying for any professional qualification where funds are part of the syllabus
Outcome and benefits
Delegates will have:
- An understanding of the differences between the different types of collectives
- An understanding of the different risks associated with the different types of collectives
- An understanding of regulated and unregulated collectives
Course materials (included)
Delegates receive courseware to refer to throughout the course and as a refresher following the course
An awareness of basic investments is advisable